Tuesday, October 17, 2017



Keep Playing Your Melody


Racism is blowing in

Like a candle in the wind
I Sia like a Chandelier
When you remain silent
For them it's a cheer

Even though it’s only mentally
These jokes are never funny
You allow these Bad Boys
to kill us with brute violence
With your silence
killing our chance to advance
Like soldiers with no pants
Who got to listen to Trump and dance

Your silence is like their violence
Stop playing the violin
Aren’t you annoyed,
That they made you a Bad Boy?

A simple villain
When you let them win
In this game
where I’m the toy
Do you know they still call me a boy?
Did you know they recently lynched a boy?
Luckily he was one of the lucky ones
Will his PTSD
make him less Fantastic and flame on
like Johnny Storm
Don’t let them silence you

Your violin can make beautiful music
I can't wait to hear it
Like a cicada you know how to get through it
Don’t stop, don’t stop, you got to be strong
When you play your melody
I flame on at high velocity

I knew that despite being invisible like Sue
Your good STORM could be Fantastic
but it can only happen

When you REED us like Little RICHARDS



@mike_delva

No comments:

Post a Comment